- The digital visit reservation and/or ticket purchase website (the ““Website”“) is the official website of the Nature and Parks Authority (the ““Authority”“).
The Website offers the opportunity to reserve a visit and/or purchase digital entry tickets to national parks and nature reserves of the Authority by credit card.
- The number of tickets to the national parks and nature reserves offered on the Website is limited; orders will be placed subject to availability.
- “User” or “Purchaser” – a person who orders an admission ticket or a ticket for an activity at the Authority sites via this Website and/or any other person who visits the Website.
- “Ticket” or “Ticket for an Activity” – a ticket that states the date and time of arrival at a site or an activity at the Authority’s sites.
- “Transaction” – the purchase of a Ticket on the Website by credit card or by phone with a reservations representative.
- “Payment page” – the webpage by which the User/Purchaser provides credit card information and other required information as a precondition for completing the Transaction.
- Entrance fees may be paid and tickets to activities for the Authority’s sites may be purchased on the Website (the “Tickets”)..
- The Purchaser is entitled to a single visit to the national park/nature reserve for which the Tickets have been purchased. The rights of the Purchaser are subject to the terms and conditions that apply at the specific site and its opening hours, as determined by the Israel Nature and Parks Authority management..
- To place an order on the Website (an “Order”), the Purchaser must fill out a form including the Purchaser’s name, ID number, phone number, email address, credit card information and details about the Order. By placing the Order, the Purchaser authorizes the transmission of said information.
- The Authority reserves the right to cancel an Order due to the provision of false, partial or inaccurate information.
- Tickets will be purchased by credit card. When placing an Order, the Purchaser will be charged for the Ticket in full. Confirmation of the transaction is subject to approval by the credit card company.
- After the date and time of arrival is confirmed and the payment is made, two notices will be automatically sent to the email address provided when placing the Order – confirmation of date and time of arrival and confirmation of payment. If such notices have not been received, said email address may be incorrect. In this case, please contact email@example.com or dial *3639.
- When arriving at the national park/nature reserve, the Purchaser must present a printed copy of the confirmations mentioned above or present such confirmations on the Purchaser’s phone. Matmon Club members only need to show confirmation of time and date of arrival, except for sites where club members are required to pay 50% of the entrance fee (Hurshat Tal National Park, Akhziv National Park, Sakhne (Gan HaShlosha) National Park, Palmahim National Park).
- The Tickets cannot be cancelled after said confirmation is scanned upon entering the national park/nature reserve.
- Digital tickets for students/soldiers/Israeli retirees will be accepted only upon presentation of proper documentation (valid university student card/valid active duty soldier ID/valid Israeli retiree ID issued by the Ministry of Social Equality, as applicable). If such proper documentation is not presented, the Purchaser will be charged the full entrance fee by the cashier)
- Child Ticket – ages 5 to 18, unless otherwise stated on the Payment Page.
- There is no entrance fee for children under 5, but a ticket must be ordered for them on the Website.
- A Ticket ordered by reserving a date and time is only valid up to such time. Purchasers may not claim or demand a refund for a Ticket that was not used at the reserved time and date.
- Cancellation of a Ticket that includes a date and time reservation: This Transaction can be canceled up to two business days before the reserved date.
- A Transaction cannot be partially canceled.
- Partially used Tickets (i.e., some of the people for whom the Order was made have used the Tickets) cannot be canceled
- A request to cancel a Transaction does not constitute confirmation of cancellation of said Transaction until such confirmation has been received in writing.
- The Purchaser will receive a refund for Tickets properly canceled in accordance with the Consumer Protection Law and Transaction Cancellation Regulations. The Authority will refund the money within 14 days of receiving notice of cancellation, minus 5% of the cost of the service or product or NIS 100, whichever is less, to cover expenses incurred in the Transaction, in accordance with the Consumer Protection Law (Cancellation of Transaction), 2010
Use of Personal Information
- Upon placing the Order, Purchasers are required to provide information including their full name and email address. Purchasers must provide true, complete and accurate information.
- Users who, upon placing an Order, agreed to receive advertisements by email and no longer want to receive updates and notices from the Authority may remove their name from the Authority’s mailing list at any time, as detailed in such updates or notices.
- By joining the mailing list, Users provide their permission to be included in the Authority’s database in accordance with the Protection of Privacy Law – 1981.