En Hemed National Park
Meet En Hemed National Park
A pearl of nature in the center of the country
points of interest
- Picnic area and playground
- Crusader castle and the remains of the farm
- Closed recycled stream water system
- Burial cave
- Picnic area and playground – the park is intended mainly for recreation and tourism, and therefore includes a large expanse of lawns, picnic tables under the shade of the trees, toilets and water faucets, and play apparatus for the enjoyment of children and their parents. The apparatus is accessible for people with disabilities. Music and cultural events are held here throughout the year, attracting large audiences.
- Crusader fortress and remains of an agricultural farm – in the southern part of the park is a fortified building from the Crusader period, which appears to have served a farm. The ancient remains have been taken care of and preserved, adding a mysterious and magical historical aspect to the park.
- Recycled flow of stream water – a closed system collects the spring water flowing through the streambed of Kesalon Stream and brings it back to the starting point. This system is intended to prevent the stream from drying up during rainless winters and drought years.
- Path to the burial cave – a circular walking trail leading to the First Temple era burial cave. The cave is to the south of the stream.
En Hemed National ParkUseful Information
Entrance to the park closes one hour before cited closing timeSummer hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 17:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 16:00 - 08:00 Winter hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 16:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 15:00 - 08:00 Holiday eves: 13:00 - 08:00 Yom Kippur eve: 13:00 - 08:00
An abundance of wildflowers in season, including the lesser celandine, which flowers particularly profusely in the park, beautiful shedding of leaves in the fall, floodwaters during strong rainfall.
Lawns, picnic areas, Crusader fortress, walking trail, playground
On Road 1 (Tel Aviv – Jerusalem), take the Hemed interchange (between Shoresh Junction and Har’el / Mevasseret Zion Junction) and turn south for a few dozen meters.
10 minutes from Jerusalem.
30 minutes from Tel Aviv.
Thanks to the location of the park, it is possible to relax on its lawns before going up to Jerusalem, or on the way back from the city.
Reserving a visit to En Hemed National Park
|Adult in group||₪ 19.00|
|Child in group||₪ 8.00|
|Israeli senior citizen||₪ 11.00|
|Subscription – adult||₪ 27.00|
|Subscription – child||₪ 22.00|