Gamla Nature Reserve
Meet Gamla Nature Reserve
The Gamla nature reserve has a rare combination, both nature and scenery and a fascinating historical human story.
Make sure you get in – Reserve now
Reserving your visit through the reservation system ensures a spot on the date and time you’ve requested; you’ll also receive relevant updates for your planned visit.
Main points of interest
- Observation terrace
- Touring the ruins of the ancient town
- Lookout point
- The head of the Gamla Stream waterfall
- The observation terrace – a view from above of the ancient town of Gamla and the remains of the early synagogue. From the terrace, a steep path leads down to the old town, accessible to good walkers.
- Touring the ruins of the ancient town of Gamla – a narrow road has recently been inaugurated, making it possible to reach the ruins of the ancient town by bus.
- Lookout point – looking out over the cliffs of the Gamla Stream canyon and the nesting colony of birds of prey.
- The head of the Gamla Stream waterfall – the highest waterfall in Israel (51 m) flowing all year round. An easy path leads to the lookout terrace, from which the waterfall can be seen in all its glory.
- Dolmens – a collection of Bronze Age burial mounds made of huge boulders.
Gamla Nature ReserveUseful Information
Reserve entrance closes one hour before cited closing timeSummer hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 17:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 16:00 - 08:00 Winter hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 16:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 15:00 - 08:00 Holiday eves: 13:00 - 08:00 Yom Kippur eve: 13:00 - 08:00
- asphalt path and vulture observation station
- 3D models
Kiosk, binoculars for hire, observation terraces, picnic tables, partial access for visitors with wheelchairs.
Turn off the Sea of Galilee perimeter road (92) at the Ma’ale Gamla junction, onto road 869. Pass Moshav Ma’ale Gamla and Moshav Kanaf and continue to Daliyot junction. From here, turn left onto road 808, and after approximately 3 km, turn left following the sign to Gamla Nature Reserve.
The nature reserve is about a 15 minute drive from the Sea of Galilee, and 15 minutes from the Yehudiya – Meshushim reserve.
Reserving a visit to Gamla Nature Reserve
|Adult in group||24.00 ₪|
|Child in group||12.00 ₪|
|Israeli senior citizen||14.00 ₪|