Good Samaritan Museum
Meet Good Samaritan Museum
The museum is just off the highway connecting Jerusalem to the Dead Sea.
Main points of interest
- An ancient building with six halls that has been restored, originally built as a travelers’ inn in the Ottoman period.
- On display in the museum are archaeological remains, including a wealth of beautiful mosaics from the Byzantine period. One wing of the museum is devoted to the story of the Samaritan community, its history and customs.
- An ancient church and courtyard display a wide range of archaeological finds
Good Samaritan MuseumUseful Information
تغلق ابواب الدخول الى المتحف ساعة قبل موعد الدوام الرسمية المسجلةSummer hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 17:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 16:00 - 08:00 Winter hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 16:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 15:00 - 08:00 Holiday eves: 13:00 - 08:00 Yom Kippur eve: 13:00 - 08:00
Entry to the Martyrius and Eutymius sites is for groups only, by reservation.
- An accessible entrance area including parking and restroom
- The archeological site is accessible from the parking area via a firm gravel path
- The archeological site
- museum display and observation points of the view are accessible
- With special permission, vehicles are permitted to drive to the museum building.
It is recommended to round out a visit to the area with a visit to the museum of the painter Moshe Kastel in Ma’ale Adumim.
|Adult in group||₪ 19.00|
|Child in group||₪ 8.00|
|Israeli senior citizen||₪ 11.00|