Masada National Park
Meet Masada National Park
History, heritage and nature
In the days of the Great Revolt, the last of the rebels against Rome entrenched themselves at Masada, and turned their desperate fight into a symbol of the struggle for freedom. Because of the enthralling historic events that took place on the mountain, and the archaeological finds that have been revealed there, UNESCO has declared Masada National Park a World Heritage Site.
Make sure you get in – Reserve now
Reserving your visit through the reservation system ensures a spot on the date and time you’ve requested; you’ll also receive relevant updates for your planned visit.
On an isolated clifftop in the heart of the desert, a lofty plateau overlooking the Dead Sea and the untamed landscape of the Judean Desert, there once stood a magnificent palace.
Masada National ParkUseful Information
Entrance to the national park closes one hour before time cited. Last cable car ascends one hour before closing time. Entrance to the museum is by reservation onlySummer hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 17:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 16:00 - 08:00 Winter hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 16:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 15:00 - 08:00 Holiday eves: 13:00 - 08:00 Yom Kippur eve: 12:00 - 08:00
Holiday eves 08:00–13:00
The Snake Path opens for ascent every day one hour before Sunrise and closes for descent one hour before closing time.
The Roman Ramp Path opens for ascent every day half hour before Sunrise and closes for descent 15 minutes before closing time.
On very hot days the Snake Path ascent closes at 09:00 and the descent closes at 10:00. When heat is extreme, the Snake Path ascent closes at 08:00 and the decent closes at 09:00. The descent via the Roman Ramp is open as usual.
- Covered parking
- commercial and public area
- Assistive technology for people with hearing impairments in the lobby
- cable car and the sound and light show (by prior arrangement with site management).
Cable Car and Bridge
Suitable for wheelchairs.
The Mountain Top
- observation points
- relief maps adapted for people with visual
- There is an electric vehicle for people with disabilities (by prior arrangement with site management)
- We recommend that visitors with significant mobility impairments visit with a companion.
- Visitor center with modern services for visitors. Film telling the story of Masada, model showing Masada and the surrounding area, display of archaeological finds.
- Yigal Yadin Masada Museum, donated by the Shuki Levy Foundation
- The impressive light and sound show illustrating the history of the Masada National Park, every Tuesday and Thursday
- Ceremonial events are held in Masada National Park (click here for further information)
Some 18 km south of Ein Gedi or 12 km from Ein Bokek to the cable car on the east (Dead Sea) side.
Reserving a visit to Masada National Park
|Adult in group||₪ 26.00|
|Child in group||₪ 14.00|
|Israeli senior citizen||₪ 16.00|
|Child in group||₪ 35.00|
|Adult in group||₪ 45.00|
|Subscription adult||₪ 37.50|
|Subscription child||₪ 30.00|