Yehudiya Forest Nature Reserve
Meet Yehudiya Forest Nature Reserve
Deep ravines cross the center of the rocky Golan Heights, through which waterfalls flow into deep pools. Between the canyons, a park forest of Mt Tabor oaks grows on the heights
points of interest
- Yehudiya campground – an overnight campground and the main entrance to the nature reserve. The starting point for hiking trails along the Zavitan and Yehudiya streams.
- Yehudiya Stream – a deep and beautiful canyon. Due to rockfalls from the canyon cliffs in recent years, the popular section of the canyon has been closed to hikers. Instead, a new path has been marked out upstream that allows access to the Yehudiya waterfall.
- Zavitan Stream – a deep and impressive canyon, deep pools, and a unique spring – En Nataf, whose waters drip from the canyon cliffsides.
- The Black Gorge – a section of the Zavitan Stream canyon with a series of waterfalls that can only be traversed by rappelling. Entry to this trail is by advance arrangement only, and registration at the nature reserve offices.
- The ruins of Yehudiya village – an ancient village at the top of the Yehudiya Stream cliffs. The village was inhabited until the Six Day War, and apparently preserved an ancient name.
- Ayit Waterfall – a high waterfall in the Ayit Stream watercourse, near Road 809 (The Waterfalls Route), to the south of Ani’am (entry is free of charge).
Yehudiya Forest Nature ReserveUseful Information
כניסה אחרונה לשמורה עד שעתיים ורבע לפני סגירתה: 14:45 שעון קיץ 13:45 שעון חורףSummer hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 17:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 16:00 - 08:00 Winter hours: Sunday–Thursday and Saturday: 16:00 - 08:00 Friday and holiday eves: 15:00 - 08:00 Holiday eves: 13:00 - 08:00 Yom Kippur eve: 13:00 - 08:00
Prices for overnight field camping: NIS 16 (not including entry to the site; there are no showers in the campground)
The entrance fee to the Meshushim nature reserve is the same as the entrance fee to the Yehudiya reserve (the ticket allows free entry to the Meshushim reserve on the same day only).
Information center, overnight campground, day camp site, kiosk, picnic tables.
Rappelling by prior arrangement only, 04-6962817
7 km east of Yehudiya Junction on Road 87 (Yehudiya – Hushaniya) towards Katsrin.
Approx. 5 km south of Katsrin.
Reserving a visit to Yehudiya Forest Nature Reserve
|Adult in group||₪ 19.00|
|Child in group||₪ 8.00|
|Israeli senior citizen||₪ 11.00|